This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests.
Manor Farm Cottages are two farm building conversions nestled in the stunning Yorkshire Wolds, in the heart of rural East Yorkshire. Situated at the top of the small village of Goodmanham the cottages benefit from access to 23 acres of private countryside.
The Cottage is a single-storey and has 2 bedrooms sleeping 4 guests plus a cot. The Stables is also a single-storey and has 3 bedrooms sleeping 6 guests plus a cot. The two cottages are located down a gentle slope, at the bottom of the farmyard and have open views across the fields. Both properties have underfloor heating throughout.
The cities of York and Hull are both approximately 20 miles away. The picturesque town of Beverley is only 10 miles to the east. The nearest town is Market Weighton which is 1.5 miles away.
We have a no pets policy except for assistance dogs.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01430 873510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before your arrival
- Directions and maps of how to reach us are on this website. See the Getting here section.
- The cottage has mobile phone reception and has Wi-Fi.
- The nearest railway station is at Beverley 10 miles away.
- JNJ Taxi’s Beverley 01482 866696 provide an accessible taxi service.
- Local Taxi’s Debonix 01430 873740, Home & Away 01430 871189 and Arrival Travel 01430 876847.
- There is a regular bus service to and from the nearest town of Market Weighton. The 746 between Hull and York is run by EYMS and runs approx 2 hourly, check their website for timetable.
- Collection from Market Weighton or Beverley could be arranged.
- All streets and access to the cottage are tarmac.
- Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Waitrose and Ocado all deliver online shopping.
- There is a Radar toilet in Market Weighton situated in the entrance to the ladies toilet next to the Doctors Surgery.
- Keith Lowe 01430 873506, has a range of mobility services
- We have an extensive website with information about the cottage and surrounding area.
- We can provide any written information in larger or dyslexia friendly fonts upon request.
- Bookings/enquires can be made directly by email or by telephone.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Upon arrival guests will collect the key from the farmhouse situated on your left as you enter Manor Farm. The keys will be left here on your departure.
- Guests will be provided with a brief familiarisation tour if requested
- Level car parking on tarmac for one vehicle is located adjacent to the main door. There is plenty of extra parking on the pea gravel outside the cottage. An outside light is located above the main door.
Entrance to Property
- Level access to the cottage is through the main bedroom. The door is 860mm wide and opens to the left. There is a 50mm high door width threshold. The light switch is located on the right through the door.
- The entrance/bedroom has solid wood flooring
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The passageway is well lit by natural light and has ceiling spot lights. It has solid wood flooring.
- It is 1200mm wide and provides access to the 2 bedrooms, bathroom and the lounge, all doors being 790mm wide.
- The living room is situated at the end of the corridor next to the kitchen. It has two large leather sofas with non-feather cushions and 2 low coffee tables along with a large bookcase.
- There is a DAB Radio/iPod compatible CD player, Flatscreen Freeview TV with remote control and a Blu-ray DVD player.
- Lighting is by natural light plus 4 spot lights located in the corners of the room. A free standing lamp and 2 smaller table lamps are provided.
- The floors are solid wood. The sofa’s and coffee tables can be moved but care must be taken to not damage the flooring.
- There is level access to the kitchen from the lounge via the door which is 790mm wide. There is also external access to the kitchen via the 1040mm wide back door, which is opposite the lounge door. There is one wide step.
- The kitchen worksurface and sink are 920mm from the floor. The sink has a mixer tap.
- There is a dishwasher which is located to the left of the sink unit with a pull down door. The handle is 800mm from the floor.
- The oven door pulls down and is 700mm from the floor. The hob is 920mm from the floor.
- The Fridge/freezer is free standing, with the highest shelf being 1420mm from the floor and lowest drawer 130mm from the floor.
- The washer/drier handle is 600mm from the floor and opens to the left. The controls are 800mm from the floor.
- There is a solid Oak table 790mm high with 4 upright chairs without arms which have leather seats.
- Glasses and crockery can be moved from wall cupboards to lower cupboards, if required, please request this when booking.
- The kitchen has a tiled floor and is well lit with ceiling spotlights.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There are 2 bedrooms in the cottage. The main bedroom (1 on the fireplan) has a 4 foot 6 inch double bed which is 700mm from the floor. With 2 bedside tables 400mm in height on either side. There is a double door wardrobe with 2 large drawers underneath. The clothing rail is 1750mm from the floor and the bottom drawer handle is 180mm from the floor.
- All bedding is non feather pillows and quilts. Extra bedding is located in the bed bases.
- There is 700mm of space at the foot of the bed with 800mm space to the left and 700mm space to the right against the window.
- There is a dressing table with stool and mirror.
- The door opening is 790mm wide and the flooring is solid wood.
- The second bedroom has 2 single beds, which can be put together as a large double if requested. It also has the same wardrobe as bedroom 1. There are 2 bedside cabinets with touch lamps on them.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- There is one bathroom in the cottage at the end of the corridor with level access through a 790mm wide door.
- A separate quadrant shower with double door is located in the corner with 230mm step into the tray. A shower stool is available upon request.
- The WC is 450mm from the floor.
- The sink has a small pedestal and is 840mm from the floor. It has a mixer tap.
- The bath is 600mm from the floor and has grab rails on the sides, it is 750mm wide and has a mixer tap. A bathing lift aid with compressor is available upon request.
- The room is well lit with dampproof ceiling lights and has white walls. The floor is smooth vinyl tiles.
- A heated towel rail is located on the left of the doorway.
- A fully enclosed outdoor area with a large even surfaced patio is situated to the rear of the cottage with views across the fields. It has a small gate and 3 foot high fence. There are tables and chairs on the patio, plus a bbq and a wood fired patio heater.
- There is a large gravelled area with small planters and a bird table.
- The boiler house is also located at the end of the paved area between the corridor and bathroom windows.
- There is also a retractable washing line.
New Concept Care & Nursing
Tel: 01430 876000
Local Accessible Taxi
JnJ Taxi’s Beverley
Tel: 01482 866696
Local Public Transport
East Yorkshire Motor Services Ltd
Tel: 01482 222222